Online Coaching Overview
Available to runners local to Washington, DC, as well as to runners training throughout the United States and internationally, this coaching service offers personalized online training support directly from Coach Komen. Wilson is available to work with runners of all ability and experience levels who are training for race distances between the 5KM and the full marathon.
Upon selecting the duration of training you would like, you must complete and submit the Runner’s Questionnaire and Waiver of Liability. From there, Coach Komen will contact you by email to set an appointment to discuss your goals (domestic trainees by phone; international trainees by either email or Skype, whichever is convenient for all parties). Coach Wilson will then construct an individualized training plan that he will email to you and that will serve as the basis of your ongoing communication with him about your progress.
Online Coaching Includes
- A customized training plan with detailed instructions that is designed specifically for your performance goals, while also considering your work and personal schedules
- Two phone consultations per month to address questions about your training or to adjust your plan; international runners receive either two Skype sessions per month or two email chat sessions per month
- Weekly monitoring and evaluation of your training via a shared electronic running log
- One customized race strategy plan per month of training—by request
- General guide to nutrition for long distance running—by request
If you would like to receive additional guidance from Coach Komen—either online or in person (if you can commute to downtown Washington, DC)—then you should arrange for a coaching consultation.
- Select the duration of online coaching that you would like from the drop-down purchase menu. Then, complete the purchase process.
- Complete and submit the electronic Runner’s Questionnaire.
- Download, complete, and return the Waiver of Liability form to email@example.com. When doing so, please indicate, in this same email, three days and times when you will be available to speak with Coach Komen about your training goals.
- Upon receiving your payment, completed questionnaire, and waiver, Coach Komen will contact you by phone, email, or Skype (based on your stated preference on the Runner’s Questionnaire) to discuss your training plan.
- If you have any questions about this service, please contact Coach Komen.
Note: Coach Komen will not schedule your initial consultation or begin creating your training plan until he has received the entry questionnaire and the completed and signed waiver form.