Ready-Made Training Plans Overview
Wilson Komen offers a series of ready-made training plans for purchase through his coaching profile on TrainingPeaks (link opens in a new tab). Runners who are interested in a self-guided training experience can implement these plans independently at their convenience.
Please note that Wilson Komen does not offer any personal or customized coaching assistance with these training plans.
Training Plan Distance and Ability Level Overviews
Coach Komen has constructed training plans for beginner runners, intermediate runners, and advanced runners at all of the following distances:
- Half Marathon (21 KM)
- Full Marathon
Athletes who are totally new to the sport of running are strongly advised to start their training at the beginner 5KM level. Runners with some training and racing experience may consider training plans in the range of the 8-15KM. The half-marathon and full marathon training plans are designed for experienced runners who are already comfortable running in the range of 35-40 miles per week.
- Beginner Level Training Plans: designed for runners who are new to each respective distance
- Intermediate Level Training Plans: designed for runners with racing experience at a particular distance who are seeking to improve their finish times through an increase in weekly mileage and speedwork
- Advanced Level Training Plans: designed for runners who are looking to set significant personal records at a particular distance and are considering progressing to the next training level
- Consult Wilson Komen’s profile on TrainingPeaks (link opens in a new tab).
- Select “Training Plans” from the navigation at the top of his profile.
- Click on the relevant plan(s) to access workout previews as well as detailed information about the duration of each plan, weekly mileage, and race goal times.
- Upon selecting a plan, click “Buy Now” in the left margin, and complete the purchase process directly on TrainingPeaks.
Runners will follow Wilson Komen’s ready-made training plans at their own risk. Coach Kiprunning assumes no liability for injury or other hazards that runners might experience while training.
Before beginning any training plan, runners are advised to consult with their primary care physicians to inquire about their overall health, exercise regimens, personal nutrition, and injury status.